Thursday, July 23, 2026

House of Know Pete "Mad Daddy" Myers CD Give Away


 

Back on June 21st, 2026 both Eric Davidson and I did a presentation at Mike Lewi’s HOUSE OF KNOW. House of Know is a monthly “show” where folks do talks about things that Mike thinks people will be interested in. This particular event had a definite OHIO theme. Eric talked about Parma, where he grew up, and I focused on 2 personalities that made a huge impact on Ohioans (and beyond): Pete “Mad Daddy” Myers and horror host Ghoulardi.

For promotion, and to get asses in seats, I made a limited edition CD-R of what a Mad Daddy show sounded like back in the late 50’s. I’ve had a few shows from Mad Daddy’s heyday and edited this 78 minutes or so as a time capsule to hear what kids were listening to in Akron, Cleveland and the surrounding areas during that time period. It is not from any one particular broadcast, but something I cobbled together to make it seem like it was from “one crazy night.”

Enjoy!

Wavy Gravy Yourself! (download)

No comments:

Post a Comment